Have you been to Pretend City lately?
They recently opened the Sushi Restaurant where the Cafe was and it is so darling!
The kids loved playing in the new digs.
This week they welcomed a new family into the home exhibit -
The Meyers Family!!!
You can find out about the Meyers' family beliefs and celebrations
around being a culturally blended family.
Along with Valentine making workshops for all ages all month long,
on February 14th there is 2 for 1 admission!!
Valentine’s Day Celebration- Tuesday, February 14th
Fun activities all day long, including:
- Sensational Story Time: The Kissing Hand – What better way to celebrate the day than with a story about the love of family!
- Poetry Play: Love Poem – Poetry is another language used to express love and it only needs a few words. By 2 years of age your child can express themselves in simple words. Use these words to create a love poem to remind you of these special times.
- Symbols in a Second: Hearts, Cupids, and Roses – oh my! During this holiday many symbols are seen in the community that represents Valentine’s Day and so much more. Today is your chance to learn more about these symbols and what they represent.
- Good to Go Game: Pin the Arrow on the Heart – Watch your child turn into cupid as they try to pin the arrow on the heart!
There are several other fun things going on this month:
Way to Play Day: A Package of Learning! - Friday Feb 10th (10am-3pm)
Prepare your child for playgroups, preschool and even kindergarten! Learn to understand your children’s developmental progress and successfully prepare them for the world.
- Developmental Check-ups from 10:00a.m. to 12:00p.m.: Assesses speech, motor, cognitive and social areas (first come, first served; limited spaces available)
- Story times, tips for learning at home and a chance to spin the wheel for a take home prize!
Baby Steps through Pretend City! - Monday, Feb 13th (2-3:30pm)
Share your love of Pretend City with even the littlest of learners. Pretend City has amazing learning opportunities for every age, even infants! Your infant’s heart will go out to you as you explore Pretend City in a way that was designed with them in mind. This exclusive, infant only hour engages your infant in age-appropriate facilitated activities, which will teach you about your baby’s developmental milestones. Don’t forget to pick up a free Ages & Stages Questionnaire!* to ensure your little one is developing on track! They're FREE, fast and easy! * Available for Orange County residents only
RSVP: Required at http://pretendcity.org/
education/classes/; max 150
Fee: $11 per adult, infants and Pretend City Members are FREE!
Connect With Your Child Through Play- Thursday, Feb 16th (9-10am)
Did you know that children learn best through their play? Discover the connections between learning and play during this hands-on seminar. Learn why play is important and how to play with your child while fostering attachment, development, language and social skills, all while having fun! In addition, receive an introduction to Parent-Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT), which places an emphasis on improving the quality of your parent-child relationship and parent-child interaction patterns. Learn more about the PCIT here (link http://www.cgcoc.org/nbc_tv_
video_clip.php) and keep an eye out for therapy sessions at Pretend City!
education/upcoming; max 25; min 5 or subject to cancelation
Fee: $10 per adult (price includes children)
Family Autism Event- Monday, Feb 27th (5-7:30pm)
This special evening is an opportunity for children and their parents/siblings/caretakers to have some fun in an autism-friendly environment along with other families. Many of our community partners who specialize in supporting children on the Autism Spectrum or with Pervasive Developmental Disorders Not Otherwise Specified (PDD-NOS) will be on-hand to enrich your family’s play experience with their welcoming smiles and practical support.
RSVP: Please call 949.428.3900 extension 233 or visit: http://pretendcity.org/
education/classes/; max 80 families (1 ticket per family of up to 5 people); only those families who have a reservation and a confirmation number will be admitted.
Fee: This event is FREE thanks to the OC Register and The Festival of Children’s Season of Caring, Possible Dream Grant.