Last week my sister-in-law asked me to make a pasta salad for my
nephew's birthday dinner and I had a slight panic attack.
Desserts? No problem. Bag of chips? No problem. Jello Salad? No problem.
Pasta salad? I've never made one! Big problem!
So I went to my friends via Facebook and asked for their best
pasta salad tips.
I got lots of advice and it all sounded pretty good,
but I just wasn't sure what it meant for me.
What would I put in my pasta salad?
I know it sounds like a rather trivial piece of minutia
in the grand scheme of things, but feeding people great food
is a point of pride for me.
I come from a legacy of ladies who make fantastic food
and I really hate when I serve something that is a flop.
Anyone else with me?
So I considered all the pasta salad advice,
mulled it over in my mind and game up with a
fun pasta salad that was a big hit!
SUMMER PASTA SALAD
1 box bow tie pasta
1/2 ripe cantaloupe
1/4 c. green onions - diced
5-6 baby cucumbers
1 small container grape tomatoes
Bernstein's Light Cheese Fantastico dressing
McCormick Salad Supreme Seasoning
1. Prepare the pasta per box directions to the "al dente" stage.
2. Rinse the pasta with cold water.
3. Slice the cantaloupe into bit sized pieces, dice the onions,
and slice the baby cucumbers.
4. In a large bowl combine the pasta, cantaloupe, green onions,
baby cucumbers and grape tomatoes.
5. Pour a generous amount of dressing over the mixture.
Toss and then season to taste with the Salad Supreme Seasoning.
6. Transfer into the serving bowl and cover. Refrigerate overnight.
7. Right before serving, add another splash of dressing and serve!