Last year my for my sister-in-law's birthday dinner she asked me to make dessert.
When I asked her what she wanted, she said, something delicious and she left it up
to me to decide what that looked like. So, I perused Pinterest in hopes of some
dessert inspiration and I came across it in the form of peanut butter pie!
However, I couldn't find one that was exactly what I wanted (or had the ingredients for!),
so I melded the look of one, with the ingredients of another and threw in a
Oreo cookie crust and decided I had created perfection.
It was delicious and decadent and I still dream of it to this day.
My sister-in-law just had her birthday again this year and it made me think
of this delicious peanut butter chocolate creation and so I tracked down my notes
in my recipe box and decided to share it with you all.
If you love Reese's peanut butter cups, then you will love this amazing
no-bake dessert that is perfect for the upcoming summer months.
You will need:
- Ready-made chocolate cookie crust
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 1.5 cup powdered sugar
- 1.5 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- peanut butter chips
- mini peanut butter cups
- chocolate chips
- extra peanut butter for drizzling
1. Beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar, butter and vanilla until light and fluffy.
2. In a separate bowl, whip the heavy whipping cream until soft peaks form.
3. Gently fold the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture. Don't over mix!
4. Pour into your cookie crust and then refrigerate until chilled. You can put it in the
freezer if you're in a hurry!
5. Use your mini peanut butter cups, peanut butter chips, and melted chocolate
and peanut butter to decorate your pie before serving. I melted the peanut butter
and then put it in a Ziploc bag, snipped off the corner and drizzled it over the top.
You can repeat with melted chocolate. I refrigerated for about 30 minutes after I
decorated it before I served it!